Any leaders out there wearing an olive or tan tie?

Just wondering if any leaders out there have chosen the "neckwear option" of wearing an olive or tan necktie instead of the leader's neckerchief or a bolo tie.

I like the classic look of a solid olive necktie and have found some websites where they can be purchased at a rather reasonable price.

Do any leaders out there wear the olive or tan tie?

I wore a tie for what seemed like an eternity for work. Once they finally went casual, the only place I wear a tie is a wedding or a funeral. I don't even wear them for church anymore. The Scout uniform collar really doesn't lend itself to the wearing of a necktie in my opinion. I wear a neckerchief when required, but as hot natured as I am, it really puts my thermostat into overdrive. 99% of the time I wear my WB beads.

Being the old conservative fart that I am, I still have the BSA tie. Haven't worn it for about five or six years though; currently our troop leaders do the casual route with no neckwear. I still like it for formal occassions such as COH, Eagle COH, etc. The shirt collar is not real good for a tie, though.

Our Den and Pack meetings. in the evenings, were normally relaxed attire for the parents.

But, I have worn my Official BSA Green tie (with my WB beads spun around from back to the front) to a just a few semi-formal Blue and Gold celebrations back in the mid-90's, while the fathers wore slacks, shirt-n-ties and mothers wore skirts-n-blouses. I also wore it to a couple of annual Council Awards ceremonies.

On the few occasions I wore the tie, I would wear my long sleeve BSA shirt. It just seemed proper etiquette and attire. (I think I still have the Cubmaster POR on that shirt).

I think BSA National Supply Center stopped selling them in the early 90's (even though it is still on the male adult leaders inspection sheet 2000 edition)

Now it hangs, for the last 10 years, from my tie rack near my fancy business ties I wear to church and work. I do own one of the BSA Official Khaki Ties, but that tie is still in the box.. lol

Good thing... I know exactly where my tie is. Bad thing, I haven't seen my Scoutlite Buck knife since 94.... Anyone wanna trade a green tie for the Scoutlite Buck?

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew 21 Adv

FScouter,

You must have some really, really old shirts from before the uniform change. I've worn more than my share of dress shirts and ties over the last 25 to 30 years and the scout shirt collar is not designed with a necktie in mind. Can you wear a tie with it? Sure. Will the collar lay like a collar should with a tie. Not in my view.

I have not had lapels that big and floppy since I wore leisure suits back in the early 70's.