Placement of World Conservation Award

15 hours ago, niagarafalls said:

Did you wear it next to or instead of the World Crest?

No. Most cub scouts and even scouts didn’t wear the world crest as they didn’t participate in an international activity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the Insignia Guide says different but this is an award not a camp-o-ree patch. They should allow the Scout to wear it on the right position above the pocket (if there is no Jambo patch). For

Or they can just forgo a camp patch and wear it instead as something that stands out. I can recall seeing hundreds of boys with C&O Canal trail patches in my time, I was the only one I ever saw w

I thought it replaced the World Scouting Movement badge over the left pocket? No.

1 hour ago, mrjohns2 said:

No. Most cub scouts and even scouts didn’t wear the world crest as they didn’t participate in an international activity. 

Yes, that was my understanding of Scouts in that time.  Wasn't sure your time period.  I didn't join (Cub) until 1990 which I believe was the first or second year that the World Crest was standard part of the uniform and not an award.  Of course it was the first or second year where there weren't "Den Mothers" technically either but that hadn't been fully phased out obviously

So in the early 90's in my Pack we wore the WCA in the Jamboree position.  I see a few Packs around here still wear them there but no one earns it anymore.

It's sad to me to see this (and practically everything) moving to belt loops.  No one looks at the belt loops and it doesn't encourage the Scouts to be like "that's cool I want to do that" above and beyond what's required.