Temporary Patches on Adult Uniforms

Thanks, guys.

Reason for my asking: our troop just had our annual "blue sky" meeting where we toss around ideas for next year's activities. One of the ideas was the Lexington Live Aboard at Corpus Christi -- I have a patch from four years ago and I was thinking of sewing it on to drum up interest ...

Fred, if your troop hasn't done the Lexington, it's a great weekend!

Nick: I've heard the Lex is a blast. Another great overnighter is NASA.

Like I said, I'm no uniform Nazi -- I would hardly pull a kid over and inspect a temporary patch just to verify it was BSA-issue.

I've seen the Lex patch -- the one I saw had a rather unusual shape, not the typical round or rectangular patch.

Wearing one of those oddball shapes might attract attention, but if it does, remind the busy-body that a Scout is courteous and invite them to butt-out!

I agree that FScouter is usually right on the money, however ...fgoodwin gave the accurate answer as far as the BSA uniform policy and the reference.

Except for religious and Historical Trail awards only BSA issued patches are to be worn.

BW

What? That means I have to take off my "Me & My Guy" patch that I "earned" when my daughter and I did a weekend camp at a GSUSA camp.

Now, would I wear that patch just to poke fun at some stuffy BSA honchos? Of course not.

There are other places to display patches:

brag rag, trophy hide, patch vest, back side of merit badge sash, blanket, back pack, a hall of honor at your house, a scrapbook, among others. The uniform is not the only place for patches.