seriously, many scouts will agree the MB sach is awkward to wear during all scout activities (including COH skits, meetings etc) Why not let the scouts wear it on their belt? They deserve the right to show them off, but they cant always have them on their shoulders.

it does not say that the MB sashes are to be worn at every event, and they probably shouldn't. It just would be nice if we could legally wear them on the belts when on the shoulder wouldn't work.

I do not wear the sash on my belt in order to follow the rules. But it would simply be nice to allow that.

The MB sash is intended for wear at more formal occasions like Courts of Honor or Boards of Review. Wearing it during a skit is not what it is intended for. If you happen to wear your sash to a campfire, simply take it off before participating in a skit. When worn over the shoulder it is very easy to remove the sash and then put it back on again if needed.

Eaglescout2004-

I know what you mean, and I can't knock the desire to show off the badges Scouts work so hard for, but the policy makes sense to me.

a.) Braggin' rights- your fellow Scouts pretty much know what you earned and most people are more impressed with the rank than the MBs. Besides, the times you most WANT to brag it up, you can!

b.) Keeping the uniform uncluttered and functional- this is one of the first things the Insignia Guide says. It is really, really easy to clutter the uniform up and the sash can be a big piece of clutter- especially if flopped over a belt.

c.) Right wearing- flopping the MB OR OA sash over the belt means that 1/2 of it is hidden and the rest is upside down. That's just not right- although it is pretty obsessive of me to think that probably!

This is why the mothers in our troop have modified the sashes. They add a buttonhole, or a piece of cloth with a buttonhole on the inside of the sash, so that the sash can be buttoned to the epaulette on the right shoulder.

jack