tote n' chip badge placement?

Our boys and leaders just completed the tote n' chip requirements and have the badges to be sewn onto the uniforms. The problem is that we can't find WHERE to sew them!!! Anyone know where the placement is supposed to be on scouts AND LEADERS?

Thanks!!

Cub and Webs do not do temporary patches on their uniforms. As Boy Scouts you can wear temporary patches hanging form the button on the right pocket. These are for patches like camporee and such. But they are not physically attached to the uniform.

Cub and Webs do not do temporary patches on their uniforms.

Huh?

FROM the uniform inspection sheet: RIGHT POCKET: Temporary insignia are not necessary in uniform inspection, but if worn, must be centered on the pocket.

Yep, after a few iterations, we got tired of hanging and removing temporary patches, dunking them in the soup, and having the wind blow them around our chests like pastie tassels. We'd both earned the International Activity Patch, and simplified our lives by just sewing them on and leaving them there.

KS

The problem with cubs and temporary patches is not that they aren't allowed; it's that the "progress toward rank" plastic attachment -- or the equivalent for Tigers -- hangs from the right pocket button and obscures any temporary patch you sew on the pocket. I spent an evening sewing my Tiger's first patch to his shirt (yes, I'm a slow seamstress - er, seamster) and then realized that you can't see the thing anyway.

MF

I sewed velcro to my right pocket, and when I get a "temporary" patch, I sew the opposing velcro to the patch (easy since it's off the shirt) and then stick it to the shirt. I usually carry around a couple temporary patches in my right pocket so that I can switch them for something to do as soon as people in our roundtable start arguing about which knot goes where on the shirt.

• 1 month later...