Campaign hat on a Boy Scout?

:) Eagle92 I understand the use of the hat press, however if the shape of the head distorts the brim, then restoring the brim will return the hat configuration back as well and as soon as you put it on, it will either not fit or distort the brim. I like my hats like desertrat77 describes, "Neckerchiefs were worn loosely around the neck...campaign hats were bent, dusty, encrusted with sweat, and generally became unique to each wearer." And with all the compliments I get on the hats I wear, it seems to work for me.

Next hat? British scout campaign hat! Those are hard to come by.

Your mileage may vary,

Stosh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever found a source for a rain cover for the official campaign hat?

I tried emailing Stetson but they ignored me.

I got a couple of "universal" covers from US Cavalry but they didn't fit and tore.

I was looking for a fitted cover, not one that looks like a bread sack on my noggin.

Blue,

Take your cover to a country western store. They should be able to help you as that is where I got mine. I stress bring your cover as I didn't, and mine is a little large. use it for the good cover.

Now I used fabric protector on my old one recently, and it worked like a charm.

>>Check law enforcement suppliers...

Yah...that's the same one I got from US Cav, a law enforcement supplier. Bought two sizes, the L and XL. The L tore when I tried to put it on. The XL was so tight it pulled the hat brim up and looked goofy. I'll keep looking...Eagle92's idea about a western hat store is a good one. There isn't one near here, but I think there's an outfit that sets up a tent at the county fair every year. They can maybe point me in the right direction.