Good Turn for America Patch

Is there a number of hours you have to hit to order the patch, because I'm not seeing anything like that? One hour? 20 hours? 100 hours? 1000 hours? Just put some part of our service hours into the system to cover ourselves and buy the patches? Any service counts, right? Like, raking pine needles for a widow (houses up here must have a 50' cleared area around each home, to help prevent forest fires in populated areas) or doing similar things counts as well as service to the community at large?

According to this publication, listed in the FAQ:

http://www.goodturnforamerica.org/about/02-797.pdf

"Anyone who worked on the project is eligible to receive a patch."

And there is no stipulation for minimum number of hours.

Now .. here is a description for the GTA:

"Good Turn for America is a national call to service by the Boy Scouts of America to address the issues of hunger, homelessness, and poor health in our nation. In this effort, the Boy Scouts of America is partnering with some of the nation's most respected service organizations, including The Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross, the American Cancer Society, America's Second Harvest, and the Department of Homeland Security. These organizations and thousands of others will work to provide opportunities for youth and volunteers to fight hunger and homelessness, and teach the habits of healthy living. "

But when I look under "Project Ideas" -

http://www.goodturnforamerica.org/enter/getpage.cgi?wrap=support&page=/support/ideas.html

and check the "Elderly" category - the last item listed is: "Yard work for senior citizen in neighborhood" so I would say your project qualifies.

BTW -- this program runs through the end of 2010 according to the web site.

(This message has been edited by UCEagle72)