Pants: dorky or uncomfortable?

Boy Scouts of American

Supply Division

National Distribution Center

P. O. Box 7143

Charlotte, NC 28241-7143

Well, I was warned that Supply might not reply. I mailed them the letter I posted on May 9th, but have not received a reply in three weeks.

From the letters posted, it seems no one is complaining about having an official Boy Scout Uniform. The focus on the letters seems to be an appeal to the BSA to change the uniform to be more durable, comfortable, functional, and look nice enough for wear to a Court of Honor.

Does such a multifunction pair of pants exist? Yes, and at a price lower than the Scout Shop sells the official uniform.

For the many people who have posted concerns about the pants, how many people have the same feelings but not posted a message?

Even worse, if the BSA Supply is not going to respond to inquires from the volunteer Leaders, do they even listen to us?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have served on Summer Camp Staff for two years. I hate the shorts with a firey passion. The polyester rotted, for lack of a better description, out from under me in three weeks. I bought two cotton pairs; both I discovered with defective snaps. I exchanged them. One the new pairs was defective as well.

My troop has never made use of the shorts/pants.