Help with my Patches

hello,

i need some help with my patches i recently turned 18 and need to know do i need to switch my eagle rank to a knot???

i would also like to know is there a knot of some sort for my arrow of light???

and i also went through junior leader ship training and i have my trained patch can i still wear that or do i need to take it off???

thank you for any help it will be very appriciated

AMN Sackett, Dell-Ray United States Air Force

As long as you are planning to continue serving as an Adult leader, you should replace your Eagle rank and AOL patches with the "knots". There is one for both Eagle and AOL. Make sure that you get them on right side up! (There is a top and bottom that is not obvious) The BSA insignia guide (pg 45) shows this much better than I can explain.

I am pretty sure that you should only wear the "Trained" patch if you have been trained for your current position. So, if you will be serving as an ASM, you should remove it untill you are trained for that position.

CE

Don't remove those patches, get a new shirt! Yes, adults should not wear youth rank insignia patches/badges. As for the trained strip, CaveEagle almost got it right. Think of a position patch and the trained strip as a unbreakable set. If you went through JLT as a PL - you may wear the trained strip with the PL position patch. If you become SPL, that is a different position, has a different position patch and you should not wear your trained strip with it until you get training in that position. CaveEagle got it right if the assumption that one is wearing the position badge of one's current position.

Now, just because you are 18 - you may not be an adult in the eyes of the BSA. If you are in the OA - you are still considered a youth until 21. Same with Venture I believe. Therefore, you would NOT wear adult insignia on those uniforms. However, if your new position was with a BSA troop (CM or SA) you would be considered an adult.(This message has been edited by acco40)

A person in the Order of the Arrow wears the correct uniform for his/her registered position. If he is registered as ASM in a Troop because he is over 18, he wears the adult uniform. If he is in a Venture Crew he would wear a youth uniform till he turns 21 when he becomes an adult in that program. Even though he is youth in the OA, he is not a youth the Troop so he needs to wear the correct adult uniform. No one is registered in the OA, just a member of it.