Uniform inspection for new cubs

I've got a new den (3 months) and the families have gotten the boys their shirts and have gotten most of the patches sewn/glued onto them.

I've noticed a few patches are in the wrong location. I've politely mentioned this to the boys and their parents, but they haven't adjusted the patches.

Can you recommend a low-stress inspection method that would encourage the parents to adjust the boys' uniforms?

I assume your parent's have a copy of the uniform inspection sheet and so it is just a matter of not following directions.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/misc/isheets/34282.pdf

Since the parents are so new, I am sure they want to get it right from the beginning. At your next den meeting, invite the parents in for a uniform inspection. Let each parent perform the inspection (using the sheet) on their own son. Have needle and thread (and fabric glue for the lazy ones) available and let the parents go to town while you take the boys off for some fun and games. When you return, reward the parents for their outstanding effort with some candy.

Remind everyone how sharp they look in their uniforms with all the patches in perfect position.

We took the uniform inspection sheet and simplified it into a spreadsheet (boys names down the left, ordered by den - uniform parts across the top). As the boys came in to the pack meeting, they lined up in front of a leader who checked them off. Not a real thorough inspection, but it got the point across. We then awarded the den that had the best combined attendance and uniform.