Looking good

Just had to drop a note to say that my boys are starting to look good. My entire den is now in uniform shirts and another 3rd of the pack is also in uniform shirts. We still have a few to go and I am still accepting (or begging for) donations. Thanks to the person who just sent 2 large. They were given out at the last meeting with one going to an out of state boy in need. We are spreading the joy. Thanks a bunch !!

Kristi

Uniform Closet

c/o Kristi Cantor

PO BOX 1111

Kodak TN 37764

I have found a couple of neighbors who bought a couple of shirts, plus the 2 large that came in the mail, that leaves me needing 2 small, 4 med, and 3 large. I am so thankful to everyone who has helped me get shirts (and other items) for my boys. I am proud to say that since my den all have shirts we are (drum roll please) marching in the Veterans Day parade this Thursday! This is quite an accomplishment as no den in our pack has ever participated in anything like this. I guess the parents were embarrased by the lack of uniforms.

I am working on a website to get some photos posted for all to see but I seem to be lacking in WEB101 so it is taking time.

Thanks again to all of you for your help. The change in my boys is all for the better. They act different in uniform.

Kristi

Uniform Closet

c/o Kristi Cantor

PO BOX 1111

Kodak Tn 37764

Cajuncody,

Have two hats and at least two shirts already. Also have a tan Web II shirt. I have let the two packs that 'feed' our troop know of your needs as well as the parents in our Troop...we can do this! Do your guys use blue pants or do they do the "Blue Jeans" thing? I am hoping by next week to let you know what we have put together.

Y.I.S.

anarchist

Hi, Thanks for the update. We can use it all! As far as pants go I have heard the "complete uniform" line alot, in fact I heard it today at the scout shop while picking up some pins. My feeling is this:

We had one boy come to the field of dreams with blue jeans that wouldn't button or zip. I can't ask him to buy pants but if I get some in I can give him a pair. I received a pair in a donations box a couple of weeks ago. He was first on the list for pants and he got them and they fit perfectly. Now I expect him to wear them and he does gladly. The other boys do their best, some wear walmart blue pants, some wear blue jeans, and I even have one boy who wears sweat pants (they are his best pants). These boys appreciate all the donations and so do I. They joy they get in hand me downs is amazing and the pride they show in their uniforms is beyond comprehension. These donated uniform parts are probably the best clothes some of these boys own. Some packs may feel embarrased to be considered another packs service project but not my boys!

Thanks again

Kristi

Uniforming my pack one piece at a time.

Uniform Closet

c/o Kristi Cantor

PO BOX 1111

Kodak TN 37764

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anarchist:

I received the package today. Not sure how long it was at the post office and the parcel alert was stuck to the bottom of my PO BOX and I couldn't see it as I am short and it is on the top row. Thanks a bunch. I can use it all. My Cm still hasnt gotten me the "advancement to rank" bead holders and I have two that have already earned wolf with out them. Now I can get them up to par. Such a nice thing to receive after Christmas. Will deliver all the goodies at our meeting this Tuesday. thanks again.

Kristi

cajuncody,

glad you got it! merry late Christmas!

delayed a couple of days 'cause the 'promised' ladies leader shirt never did arrive...(finally got it yesterday...need a tiny yellow den leader style shirt?...most scouters are now wearing BSA tans)

left old awards on the pockets (saw your other post...thought maybe you could use them) Do you need more if I run into them?

YIS

anarchist