Where can I get an official Olive leader tie?

As a new scouter I purchased two shirts, one short sleeve for active wear, and one long-sleeve, for winter and "dressier" occasions. I see on the inspection guide that neck-wear is optional on the short-sleeve short, if the collar is unbuttoned. This implies that neck-wear is required on the long-sleeve shirt. However the options given are:

1. Bolo Tie

2. Neckerchief ("if applicable", what does that mean?)

3. Olive leader tie

Personally, I do not like Bolo ties. The neckerchief is OK, but I would prefer to wear the Olive leader's tie, however my local scout shop says they are no longer available. I have tried e-bay, but they only list "vintage" 1950's/60's ties which are a different shade of green, definitely not "Olive".

Is the Marine Corps service uniform tie a close enough match? I believe it is also Olive. The Army service tie is black, so that would not work.

Does anyone know where an offical (or indistinguishable look-alike) Olive leader's tie may be obtained?

Thanks!

I have such a tie and still wear it occaissionally. If I didn't, I'd cheerfully send it to you.

Take a look at the thread about the 1970's wool uniform. A search in the forums of wool uniform should do the trick. Someone posted a very helpful link to a trader by the name of Mitch Reis. Mitch has a large stock of older uniform parts.

He's also very responsive. In fact, I'm making a mental note to send him the stuff I promised. I'm lousy at out-going mail. I don't know why.

Unc.