The true scout spirit

I just had to post this, read on and you will see why.

As you all know I have been asking for donated uniform parts to help my boys who can't afford them. The first shirt was sent without a return addy or name and it was just given to a boy. Now, that said, who ever sent that could have "spoken up" after my post about the boy and said " I sent that shirt, I made that boy happy, Aren't I a great person" but they didn't. I have also received several private messages from others on this board who are sending or are going to send some items, some are even sending new items. Again, these people could be posting public messages saying "I am sending these, I am going to send these, or I went out and bought this to send." But again, they didn't. The fact that these people are doing this is FANTASTIC, the fact that they are not calling attention to themselves is even better. I appreciate everything that has or will be sent and so do/will my boys. I have been told how nice it is that I am doing this and what a fine job I am doing and for that I say thanks.

HOWEVER, it is not me that deserve these nice comments, it is the folks who are doing the sending, out of the kindness of their hearts, with out making a public "I " statement. I am just the person standing at the corner holding out the proverbial can, it is the people who come by and drop something in that deserve the "job well done". It makes me proud to be associated with such fine examples of scouting. The fact is that when someone walks by and drops something in the can to help without looking around to be sure they are being noticed is truly inspiring.

Another BIG THANKS to you all. Keep inspiring me to do a better job.

Kristi

Uniform Closet

c/o Kristi Cantor

PO BOX 1111

Kodak TN 37764