Commissioner's Arrowhead Award

From a proper uniforming perspective ...

I believe the Commissioner's Arrowhead award should be worn right below his position patch (Unit Commissioner for example.). The "trained" patch is also worn in the same way. My question, if one wears (and earned) the arrowhead award, I assume one does not wear the trained strip anymore. Is that correct? One of the requirements for earning the arrowhead award is to be trained so wearing both would be redundant. Can anyone cite a BSA reference on how to wear the Arrowhead award? Thanks.

I have always seen the wearing of both. By the logic that you have to be trained to earn the Arrowhead you wouldnt wear the Trained patch if you are a Cubmaster and have earned Cubmaster Award because you have to be trained Cubmaster for that award. Most new Scouters have no idea what the Arrowhead award is or what any of the knots mean but they can instantly understand what trained means. The secondary reason for have the Trained patch is to encourage others to go to training. For when they see that you have been trained then they might get the idea that they need to be trained.

Can't argue with your logic. If wearing both I assume the arrowhead goes right below the oosition patch with the trained strip below the arrowhead. Correct?

UPDATE: Found on the netcommish web site a gif file that showed the left arm (sleeve) with the position patch, then trained strip below that and then the arrowhead below that. The sequence being top to bottom in the order earned (which goes easy on the person sewing on the patches!).(This message has been edited by acco40)

The uniform guide shows both, the trained patch and the arrowhead.

However, if you wear a size medium short sleeve shirt (thats me), and you place your patches as instructed by the uniform guide, there is no place for the arrowhead. It just doesnt work; even the trained patch is not in the right position.

On the short sleeve shirt I dont worry about the spacing in the uniform guide. I have them arranged so they all fit and look right. The large gap that uniform guide has between the CSP and the position patch looks like you are missing something (the unit numbers you should not be wearing with non unit positions). When you space them out evenly they look a lot better.