Uniform Police

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like I posted before, the humor impaired didn't get it!"

Humor reflects the tastes and beliefs of those that find it funny. Ethnic jokes are funny to bigots. Cracking on those that think that the uniform is important shows that you think that the uniform in unimportant.

What I am getting from this discussion:

If you think the original post from johnsned was funny, you think SOME scouters focus too much attention on the uniform.

If you don't think the post was funny, You are under the impression that all 8 methods must be accieved in full for the program to run successfully.

I thought the 8 methods were a goal that could never be acheived( no program is perfect,there is always room for improvement) Although uniform is very important, more so is the scout oath and law(help other people at all times, A scout is friendly,courtious,kind,)

"I thought the 8 methods were a goal that could never be acheived"

What ever gave you that idea. The Methods are just that "methods" they are how you do things, not what you do. You do not "achieve" a method, you "use" a method.

You achieve goals. How we achieve the goals of scouting is through the use of the scouting methods. (Also when you say that Uniform is one of 8 methods you ignore Cub Scouting which has uniforming as one of seven methods. Different ages and stages, different methods, both sets include uniforming.)

One poster quipped "johnsned post just shows that taking something over the top isn't a good idea!"

Over the top? Would that be like suggesting that people you find humor impaired "should be shot!"

You didn't think that suggestion was over the top?

If that's what you find funny, you have some real personal problems(This message has been edited by Bob White)

"One poster quipped "johnsned post just shows that taking something over the top isn't a good idea!"

Over the top? Would that be like suggesting that people you find humorless "should be shot!"

You didn't think that suggestion was over the top?"

Never said anyone was humorless. Impaired not humorless. There is a difference. And it was a joke!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

The other day johnsned said, " I only think that people who are nitpicking, child harrassing, rule spouters are such,"

So you find fault with those who expect a Scout to actually cook a meal or build a fire? Hey, the rules say that you can't earn advancement or merit badges after you turn 18 BUT Johnny worked really, really hard on that last merit badge, so what if he finished it when after he turned 18, let's give it to him and promote him to Life as well.

Sure the book says that the Scouts should elect their SPL and PLs but what do they know? After all, they're just kids. I'll appoint the PLs and the SPL.

"How do scouting myths get started?

Do you agree that the methods do not need to be followed?

Do you think some methods should be followed and some should not?"

You seriously need to lossen up. Its a JOKE. It was ment to send a message to people who are only happy when they have something to complain about. I've met plenty of people who like doing that through out my life. I've been an ASM now for like 6 months now. I don't know everything.I didn't even make any comments on the methods nor am i going too because this topic isn't suppose to be about the scouting methods.

So lets all have a nice good laugh nobody made anybody open this topic up on your screen except for yourselves.