Merit Badge Sash

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not aware of a policy on spacing. Were always gone three across, and no space between rows. If you leave spacing between rows its likely youll get to sew them all back on when you run out of space. Its not uncommon to fill the entire front and need to continue on the back.

• 2 months later...

I just recently noticed one of our troop's scouts that took a relatively unique approach to arranging his merit badges on his sash. He placed them three across, but not in rows perpendicular to the edge of the sash. His rows were angled such that they were level when the sash is worn, and by being at such an angle, it allowed for the patches to be spaced slightly apart rather than having all the edges touching as seems to be the case when the rows are done perpendicularly. When the sash was worn, each patch was properly rotated so the top was the highest point. It looked very nice since the badges had more spacing than is normally possible, and the rows can go from shoulder to waist and still look good. It was his idea, and I'm always amazed at the ingenuity of scouts. I never would have thought of it.