What one wears under his kilt is strictly personal choice. No option is either more or less manly, as this is not the UK army (where such is specified). As a matter of fact, it is long tradition that one never says what he is or is not wearing, as the mystery is part of the mystique. And a gentleman or lady never asks. Period.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barthumphries after your more eloquent explanation of the link to culottes as an example of modest clothing and an attempt as an sniping comment on maleness I humbly apologize to you. I find the man-centered thought process that tries to mask all ills with testosterone and I think it is perhaps the root cause of so many suicides in the military of late. If you can't see an injury you are not hurt, "man up" and get back on the line there's work to do. That was the vein in which I took your comment.

When I staffed NYLT, we all had kilts as our official uniform. We were a venture crew, so we were allowed to decide our own class a, and the kilt was our choice. I am relativley certain that everyone was wereing somethinf=g under them, but I'm not completely sure...

Our entire staff for Wood Badge wore kilts. Some wore their family tartan, some wore the USMC Leatherneck tartan, some wore the University of California Riverside Pipe Band tartan, and others still wore the MacLaren.

It was not only fun to learn about the history of Scotland and tartans, but it was a diversity experience for the staff and participants.

http://www.snurgle.org/~polyhymn/staff.jpg

Boyce,

You remind me of an incident at NOAC. Ceremony competition was running late, and everyone was told you couldn't eat unles you had your uniform shirt on. Again had to have your uniform shirt on.

SOOOOOOOO As soon as we finished competing, the entire ceremony team put on their uniform shirts over their regalia and ran to the cafeteria, getting some strange looks.

Our reply was....

REAL MEN WEAR LEGGINGS!

• 2 weeks later...