Anyone know where I can get Maternity Scout pants???

I know, silly question! But not for me, I am 5 months pregnant and can't seem to find a pair of dark green maternity pants out there anywhere! I bought a huge tan uniform shirt but I think I don't feel like duplicating all those patches for only like 4 more months and I will get away with wearing Polo and T-shirts in the meantime. However, I would like to find some scout green pants!

Any ideas?

THANKS!

National does make uniforms to order. They are pretty expensive, and by the time you get them, your future Cub will probably be born. (Big assumption on my part.) Haven't heard of maternity uniforms.

I would suggest going to a class "P" uniform and wearing what works, even if it isn't from national supply.

Good Luck!

RMV

Hey! He said what I was going to say. No fair!

However, I echo the sentiment. You can go the made-to-measure route, but you'll have to buy a minimum of 2 pair and the kid will probably be ready to join Tiger Cubs by the time they arrive.

Gee, why does Supply make it so easy to take pot-shots?

DS

Well I hate to not be in uniform. It's leaders in their uniforms that set the example for the boys. I suppose I will have to get crafty and figure something out...... olive green shorts maybe.... as far as the shirt, well for 4 months I hope other Scouters and Scouts don't care about plain or BSA-related polo and t-shirts! I will miss my tan uniform shirt... I've been wearing it up until now but I don't think I'll last another 3 weeks!

• 5 weeks later...

Have you thought about borrowing a larger shirt? I know our council has a clothes closet of extras and maybe one will fit. Just a thought! Or I suppose you could go with the untucked look--will help you for a few weeks or months, just wear a shirt underneath!

Good luck on your quest--I was thinking the pants could be found at an army/navy surplus store. . . if that's an option near you!

CA Scouter

This reminds me of a great PeeWee Harris from the 70's when the theme for Scout Sunday was "Scoutig Rounds A Guy (Scouter?) Out!" Ithrow an emial out locall tpo see if there are any recently retired large pants out there.

Also I know that its not uniform but one of our committee women is having a skirt made... I 'm not sure where the material came from but... she tell sme that it is official.

Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy & little one.

Bob

If you can find a thrift-shop pair of shorts the right color that will go on ok - without having to zip them up, we're just worried about the rear view - it's a matter of about 20 minutes with a scissors and sewing machine to put in a maternity panel in the front. You don't even have to do a very good job since it will always (we hope) be hidden with your oversized shirts. I modified some less-than-favorite jean shorts this way eons ago when I was pregnant and it was very easy.

Joni -- please forgive us for being such cads. What I should have said and am saying now is . . .

Congratulations on the miracle of conception and God Bless you and your (as yet) unborn child. When it comes to being in full uniform in comparison to giving birth as comfortably as is humanly possible, I would hope that correct uniforming loses.

It sounds like you're dedicated to complete uniforming when you're not pregnant. You live the example as best you can. Take the months off until you return to having only one heart inside you and don't worry about the time period that you have (in this day and age) however many more than that that you have!

Signed,

DS

A member of a childless couple (as it turns out, happily so.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for all the info on this. Someone sent me a link to a site that has maternity olive shorts but they weren't plus size :-(

That kind of hinders my progress, hard enough trying to find normal size maternity clothes on an island in the Pacific Ocean, let alone plus size!

But, my District Scout Center was selling old XXL Scout Shirts for $6 so I got a few of those and I found a pair of size 2X olive shorts. Those should keep me going for 3 more months. I also picked up a men's size 3X tan uniform shirt just in case there is a formal thing going on.

We just did our Jamborette with the SAJ (Scouting Association of Japan) and I wore a 2001 Jamborette T-Shirt so I was alright! THAT WAS AWESOME, TOO!

Thank you, thank you everyone!

• 15 years later...

Given that the topic was original to 2003 and people were saying if you order from national supply expect extremely long wait periods, my first thought was that we'd get an update that the special order was finally received. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Buggie said:

Given that the topic was original to 2003 and people were saying if you order from national supply expect extremely long wait periods, my first thought was that we'd get an update that the special order was finally received. 

Indeed! 

If my math is right and Joni's newborn was a boy, he's probably an SPL/Life Scout by now....

I hope they are well.  Time flies!

Edited by desertrat77
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Jennirumrum said:

Lol..

First of all, Jennrumrum, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, it is kind of funny that the person you were answering is not likely to still have a need for the information, but its ok, someone else may be in need of the information and will see your answer.   :)