Does anyone at BSA use their head when designing things?

What am I complaining about now? Those little pins that you get to go on square knots. The pins are too short. After the pin goes through the knot and shirt, there isn't enough sticking out for the clutch back to grab and hold securely.

They've been making these pins for years, why don't they make them longer?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's good to know that I'm not alone in the complaint department....for myself, I keep waiting for National to come out with a "blank" square knot in which one can pin one's Eagle Palms to, instead of the current sloppy method....as well as square knots that reconizes service at summer camp (not everyone goes to NCS and gets to wear the neat little patch).......

On the square knot issue, I find it interesting that we have square knots for awards that really are nothing more than ticket punching. The CubScouter Training Award requires you to do a bunch of stuff that you should be doing anyway and you get a do-dad for your uniform. On the other hand, I was given a distrcit level award for being an "Outstanding Unit Scouter" which means much more to me than the "CubScouter" one but there is nothing to wear to show that award.