MY complaint about the uniform pants

Since my boy is about to cross over to Boy Scouts, I thought I would buy him a pair of official Boy Scout shorts (we live in the South, this will be more practical for summer camp). The troop doesn't insist they have them, especially right away. My son is small for 10 years old (and 9 months), but I know other kids his size. He wears a size 8 slim and they are loose on him in the waist.

I buy the smallest size pants they have -- size 8, waist 24 inches. I get them home, hold them up to his blue jeans that are a bit loose --- the Scout pants are AT LEAST 2 inches bigger in the waist! They have elastic already. You just can't cinch up 2 inches with belt. By the way, any suggestions as to what to do with all that left over webbing from his belt?

The kid has to gain at least 10 pounds, without getting any taller, before these pants are going to fit. Too short or too tight in the crotch? Oh, not for a few years. LOL

So for all of you who think the pants are cut too small, realize there is another end of spectrum. And they expect 9 year old Webelos to wear these pants??????

His dad has his Boy Scout uniform from the late 1960's. I know the shirt was too small for my son a year ago. Not to mention, his dad thinks the uniform is a little fragile to have junior running around in it. Obviously, years ago they made a smaller size. Are kids really that much bigger these days?

Okay, enough venting...just had to share.

Mom. the belt is easy, unlatch the catch behind the belt buckle and shorten the belt that way, I know, some of out first years almost have the belt around them twice. If what I am saying doesnt make sense, find an old scouter, he/she can show you

Oh, I know how to cut off his belt and shorten it. We had to do that with the cub scout belt. I should have enough webbing left over for another belt! LOL

Hmmm...wondering if I can get some plastic ends for it to be used to tie things down with?