Anyone know were i can find a complete list of my sons local council shoulder patches i know he is missing a few but i do not know what ones. I am hoping that i dont have buy a book, he only collects local council items or ones he earns or visits not so much a trader. hoping to complete his council set in the few months. He is finishing his EAGLE project up next weekend.

were is the best place (cheapest) to get one, please understand i am willing to spend the money to so i can find out what he needs but like everyone else i dont want to part with anymore money than i have to.

Thanks

I honestly do not know. I got out of serious patch collecting a whiles back, and the book I had was a gift.

Now there are some websites that will have some, stress some, information. Those websites use the Blue Book info and update it as the collectors can. I know in one case, a council issued a special "international encampment" CSP that maybe had 200 made, but so few folks got them that it was not recorded anywhere. Mine ain't being traded or sold ;)

Also sometimes the "mistakes" are not recorded in those books. Again I had a patch that was a mistake and council returned it to the vendor to be destroyed. WELLL vendor starts using them as a sample patch, so a few of the mistakes are out there, but they are not listed in any of the books or websites. Again you can't have mine.

Doing a quick GOOGLE search try these sites as they may help with images. It appears the 5th edition of the Blue Book is out of stock, meaning an update is probably ont eh way.

http://www.scoutpatch.com/

http://www.scoutingbooks.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=096572395x

can anyone help me out with a listing of what just Illowa Council has out for CSP's, seams everyone is sold out of the book and i would like to try and get the patches he is missing for a gift

Thanks