Philmont Hymn/ On My Honor

When I attended Philmont in mid '70s I brought back a 45rpm recording of the above sung by the Air Force Choir.

Now that I am Scoutmaster I would like to use this or something similar at an Eagle Court of Honor. The problem is I no longer have the recording.

Does anyone know if this is still available? Is there anything similar available?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally!!

For those interested, I found a downloadable MP3 file of "On My Honor" that is good and would be good for use at Court of Honors.

It's not the original recording done by the Air Force but will work just as well.

Below is the web address:

http://www.scoutsongs.com/categories/scout.html

Thanks to all who helped with suggestions during my search.

Yours in scouting!

Greg H.

• 4 years later...

Thanks for posting that link. I have the original record, but no longer have a turntable to play it on. It will be nice to have it available.

My copy dates from about 40 years ago, but it's still almost pristine.

Well....I respectfully hate each one of you that helped gshafer find the On My Honor song...

I have been trying to find a proper way to send my Webelos II to Boy Scouts during their crossover ceremony (all 7 will have their AOL)and I cried like a big sissy when I heard that song and now know what I am going to play...

I'll miss those guys...

Scuse the tears on the screen...

Scoutndad

Yeah... I get all misty eyed when I hear it too. The Philmont Hymn also gets me, as it reminds of the trek I made there over 20 years ago. I still remember it being sung at the closing campfire. It got me then, and it gets me now.

My son is a wolf scout now... and I can hardly wait for him to be old enough for me to take him to Philmont.

I was on staff at Philmont in 1965 during the great flood of that year. Philmont actually shut down for a couple of days, fortunately, there were no campers on the ranch yet. We sang a different version of the hymn:

Philmont here's to thee

Scouting misery

Underneath the sea

Tonight