Philmont 50th anniv patch

Over the last 13 of years, I have moved several times. Unfortunately, some of my things have somehow come up missing. One of those the things is my old uniform that had my Philmont 50th Anniversary patch w/ the gold border hanging from the pocket. Now that I am involved in Scouting again as my son's Tiger den leader, I'd like to have that on my new uniform. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or anyone have an extra? Cost IS a factor and I don't know how much I can afford, as money is tight in our house. Please let me know. Thank you all for your attention.

In Scouting,

Charlie

Sorry about your loss; I thought my patch had disappeared after one our many moves as well but it showed up at last. WHEW!

This link, http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Philmont+50th+Anniversary+&_sacat=See-All-Categories , will take you to an eBay search for 50th anniversary items from Philmont. No arrowhead patches but there are some jacket patches. I believe you can also contact Philmont directly to replace a lost patch (special border might be hard).

Address: Philmont Scout Ranch

Attn: CHQ

17 Deer Run Road

Cimarron, NM 87714

Phone: (575) 376-2281

Fax: (575) 376-2602

Good luck!

oooh, sorry to hear that. Some of those old patches can be downright expensive to replace. I think your only hope may be ebay. I lost my original flap from Walika lodge and was stunned to discover how much I'd have to shell out to purchase a replacement. Ain't the free market great! ;)

Tex Mex

I saw a 50 year Philmont patch on ebay today, with the gold border, it was only $5.99, buy it now option. This is the only one of these I have seen in a while, better hurry if you want it.(This message has been edited by BadenP)

• 2 months later...

Well, I contacted Philmont a couple of weeks ago, provided the info they required, and got an email yesterday (Monday 11/2) in the affirmative! All they needed was my current address. So, hopefully a replacement 50th Anniversary arrowhead patch will soon be on the way! I'll let you know when it gets here!

- Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it finally came in the mail today! I spoke w/ Owen McCulloch, the Asst. Dir. of Program over the phone yesterday and he assured me it had been sent. It came today and I called him and thanked him ever so profusely! It was replaced at no charge because, as his letter stated, "it cannot be purchased, only earned." I know it's not my original, but dang! it feels good to have it on my pocket again.