2007 GP Klondike & 2005 MOS Camp-In Patches

Greetings Fellow Scouters!

Does anyone out there have a Great Ponds District (Old Colony Council, MA) 2007 Klondike Derby patch they would like to trade?

My son, then a Webelos I, participated in the Derby and I went along as a helpful parent. My son got the patch and its now on his patch vest. I didnt try to snag one at the time but now that Ive signed on as Assistant Cubmaster and have begun collecting the patches for events Ive participated in, Id like to try to find one. Ive contacted the District office but without success.

Now that I think about it, does anyone have a Boston Museum of Science 2005 Camp-In patch (blue T-Rex, orange background) they would like to trade? Its the same story as the Klondike patch.

Thanks!

YIS

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Scouters

Update on the MOS patch.

My son and I just attended another Museum of Science Camp-In. This will be his last as he is a Webelos II. Both he and I got patches for this one.

At one point I happed to be passing a group of MOS Camp-In staff having coffee and, on a whim, asked if they retained any overstock of old patches. Yes they did was the response and a short time thereafter I had not one but three examples of my missing patch! I couldnt thank them enough!

Another proof of the old saying it never hurts to ask!

Im still looking for the Klondike patch. As I keep attending District Roundtables and get friendlier with the staff I might luck out like I did at the MOS. Until then, Im still looking!

YIS

Mike

Hi Moxieman,

I did email the District office but they never responded (see the first post). Since this venue on the Forum presented itself I thought Id give it a shot.

A follow-up email to the District wouldnt hurt. Im also trying to pinpoint the best person to approach at District Roundtable.

Thanks for the post.

YIS

Mike