Custom Chameleon Patrol Emblems

My son's Webelos den bridged in April. The five that joined the same troop he did decided to be the Chameleon patrol. Creativity is great and all, but of course we had to investigate custom patches. After several weeks of going back and forth with a couple of designs, I placed an order with BSA Custom Embroidery in June and received the order in July just before our summer camp week and our break for August. I brought them to our first meeting of the new year last night only to find that TPTB decided to consolidate the patrols and since only 2 Chameleons were present, they got matched up with another patrol and will no longer be the Chameleons. So much for my lovely patches.

Since we originally had six boys in the patrol and had to order a minimum of 12, it cost each family $13 for two patches. One boy has "disappeared", so I'm stuck with 4 myself and some of the others might be willing to part with one or both of theirs since they are no longer needed.

Would anyone be insterested in any of these unique, but now useless patches?

Will upload a pic to my website this evening and post a link tomorrow. They really did come out nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Spoof is a term for non-official patches. Patrols can create their own emblems, so spoof doesn''t really apply here.

Most spoofs are just for fun. For example, some vendors make sppofs of the Trained emblem: Overtrained, Potty Trained, Untrainable, Agitator and the like. There are some sources for square knot insignia that changes the khaki background to green, black or white to match the Venturing and Sea Scouting uniforms.

Ed

• 4 months later...