Patch trading from Maine

Trevorum wrote in a different thread:

So, um... Moxie ... got any patches you want to trade? (a collector never lets an opportunity like this slip by!) I'm light on Maine ...

I don't know. You tell me. ;)

http://home.gwi.net/~moxieman/patches/index.htm

I'm hoping to have some updated pictures of all FIVE blankets soon. People keep taking pictures and promising to send me copies and I never see them. The committee chair of my brother's troop just took pictures for me a little over a week ago, so maybe I'll get those soon without having to prod her. :)

The blankets have been as far west as Philmont (and I went to grad school in west hell...er Texas in South Plains Council) and as far east as eastern New Brunswick, Canada. There are roughly 2,000 patches on the 5 blankets (and increasing) representing scouting on five continents and at least 12 different nations (USA, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, China-Hong Kong, UK, Finland, Switzerland, Israel, and South Africa--I might have missed one or two there).

More seriously, I've cut back on the CSP stuff, but I'm still willing to go one-to-one with you even if it's already in my collection. I could just add it to my trade pile.

I prefer "junk" patches as many CSP/OA flap collectors I've met over the years call them--AKA EVENT PATCHES. My top three preferred types of event patches are: squirrels, multi-piece patches (multiple patches that fit together to form a larger patch), and cartoon characters.

Drop me an email at moxieman (at) GEEdouble-UEye (dot) net (pronounce it out loud and convert to those three letters) with what you would like and have to offer in trade.

Moxie,

Those are some great patch blankets! I can just imagine the wondering gaze of those young scouts as they realize that this Scouting thing is BIG, a lot bigger than their troop or pack, a lot bigger than their own neighborhood!

If I can remember my Morse, I'll send an email. I did semaphore for 1st Class and can still wig-wag, but my Morse is rusty (Remember that scene in Independence Day where the Air Force defeats the Aliens by using Morse Code?!)