Is this fair? The Right thing to do?

I'm not into patches, collecting or that sort of thing.

I have over the years amassed a lot of stuff.

It doesn't mean very much to me, so I'm thinking of selling it.

I will use the money to help buy a 15 seater van for the Ship.

For the 2005 National Jamboree our Council had a CSP with Mr Rodgers on.

The patch was a very limited run, no one person got more than 25.

After the Jamboree when there was a lot of CSP's on ebay, they were selling for about $6.00 each.

Patch collectors in our Council would go as high as $10 maybe $15.00 each.

There was a special patch made with a gold boarder. Only ten were made. One went to Mrs Rogers, one went to Mr. McFeely (David Newell) The Council Key 3 each got one and the two Jamboree Scoutmasters each got one.

I'm not sure where the others are!!

Talking with the Patch Collectors, they seem to think that one of these Patches would sell in the $250 to $500 range.

Right now it's still in the frame that it was in when I received it and stuck in a drawer.

I had thought about giving it to the Lad who came up with the idea and the design, as I feel he should have got one and didn't.

Would selling it be OK?

Eamonn.

Follow your heart...the van is a gracious and worthy idea. However, I agree that the lad who designed the patch should have gotten one. Couldn't the council be convinced to give him one of those missing patches? Is the boy one who would treasure it? I personally would probably give the patch to the boy and try to raise the funds elsewhere...I'd even venture a guess that many on this forum would donate to the cause. (I would. :) ) But in the end...it's your patch. Do with it as you wish.

Ma Scout

• 11 months later...