The name changed about a month ago. The name of the dam outside Las Vegas isn't Boulder Dam, it's Hoover Dam. I do not know why they originally named it that as the the name of the dam was changed years before the council was formed. There was also some confusion with Boulder Colo. The new CSP's haven't arrived yet, there have been a number of delays from the manufacturer. I suppose they will change the image on the website when the new patches arrive.

lvacscouter, thanks for the info, and welcome to the forums!

Only a month ago, you say? Usually us patch collector nuts have a early warning network for this type of thing, but this name change happened quickly and quietly (must have been a "stealth" action, what with all those Nellis folks! ;)) I'll look forward to seeing the new CSP.

The former Boulder Dam Area council covers cities in California and Arizona, as well as Nevada. The reason that the name "Boulder Dam Area" council worked was that when it was created, most of the cities in the council were along the river below the Boulder/Hoover Dam (although there are smaller dams below it). Blythe, California, is a long way from Las Vegas. There was talk (okay, rumor) about renaming this council to the Las Vegas Area Council a few years ago. I'm sorry to see that rumor was true. Maybe it was the almost $6 mil grant from a Las Vegas foundation that tipped the scales? Looking at their new logo, all I could think was "yuck". I wonder if they are going to incorporate it on their CSP. I would LOVE to get one of the Boulder CSPs as as a sentimental souvenir.

Ivac, As far as the council name being Boulder Dam vs. Hoover Dam, a lot of the "locals" still refered to the enginerring feat as Boulder Dam when I was living in the area (mid 70's to late 80's). It was a political/pride thing, I'm sure, just as the renaming of the dam was.

• 1 month later...