There are Jambo patches issued by National and then there are council "strips" or patches which are unique to a particular council that may sell specialized patches, such as contingent troop, commemorative, etc. for collectors as a fundraising affair.

I'll admit, I'm not a patch collector and my expertise is very limited in that area.

Looking at the patches shown, they look really nice. I'm not so sure that they will fit on the Scout Shirt sleeve. The Jamboree troop numbers are over-sized.

The Scouts attending the Jamboree are I hope, working on the design for our patch. His Nibs (OJ) informs me that the Lodge has a design for the patches that they will give to the OA members attending the Jamboree.

Last time the patch all the Scouts wanted was the Blues Brothers Patch. There was also a spoof Hooters patch that seemed very popular.I never knew that there was so much interest in owls!!

Eamonn.

• 2 months later...

Hi~

I just joined this forum and saw this thread. We just moved from Iowa down to Florida. We were in the Winnebago Council, Lakeland District. I have seen the patches and they are beautiful! They are bigger than a regular council patch, but could be worn on the uniform if someone wanted. They are using these patches as a fundraising effort to help alleviate some of the costs of going. The scouts will be receiving a regular sized patch before they go. My son will be attending the Jamboree with the troop from the district. The patches are a great deal, only $35.00 for all five.