Let you're full colors show my friend, being part of Scouting is something you should be proud of. I wear the uniform a lot, for Troop Meetings, Roundtables, Events, Scout Sunday, to school on Scouting Anniversary Day. Just remember to only wear it in situations that reflect positively on Scouting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just like Scouter79 said, wear it at all those events plus a few more. As a leader, lead by example by wearing the complete uniform, including pants, shorts or skirt, belt, socks, etc. Ask your fellow leaders in your unit to wear the complete uniform too. Believe me, the boys (and parents) will notice. Our pride of being involved in Scouting is reflected in our dress and the correct wearing of our uniforms. Your Scouts will more likely have their shirts tucked in (or will tuck them in right away if asked) and will learn a greater respect for Scouting and each other.

• 3 weeks later...

if you are looking for excuses for you to wear the uniform consider this. the boys follow your example. They are less likely to wear uniform if you do not. They watch and follow your example. If they presently do not wear a uniform and your are trying to encourage them to remember in their advancements they have to show scout spirit. That is part of the spirit. will not hurt to have a committe member come in and show them how to sew own badges on. that develops even more pride. Dont let momma do it for them.

If I'm reading you right, you're looking for someway to promote wearing the uniform. I agree with the previous. Get some parents to demonstrate sewing on patches - then let the boys do it. They will be more likely to show off their "handiwork". Have a uniform inspection, and do it right. This will work especially well if you begin it by offering some small incentive, like the patrol with the highest score gets their meals cooked by the leaders on your next trip. Uniforms are especially important for Court of Honor, district meetings, and so on.

I may be a little different, but I believe that the uniform reflects "Scout Spirit".