crafts and games?

-Try indoor volley ball with a baloon and some yarn (for the net).

-balancing games: see who can stand on one leg the longest.

-For crafts: help them make neckerchief slides. Now that the Tigers are wearing them. This will also help parents find a slide while rushing out the door to the den meeting.

Have Fun!!!

CE

We made a bean bag game using a cardboard box and cut out 9 holes numbered them like a phone keypad and had them try to get 911. The kids played it all year long. Also, I got pingpong balls and tongue depressors and the boys put the tongue depressors in their mouth and used them to "bat" the ball into a "goal" small shoe box.

Get back with you on some of the crafts, we've done so many I lose track. The only thing I would keep in mind is not to make it too 'cute'. Someone told me that and I try to remember when planning my meetings.

Carol

• 1 month later...

We did a pumpkin activity when my son was in Webelos and invited the entire pack to participate. We called it "Pumpkin Gutting" and slaughtered over 26 of the poor things, then judged the final products.

It was set up as a pumpkin carving night about a week or two before Halloween using those cheap little $2 carving kits with the dull implements. Judging categories included smallest, biggest, scariest, largest eyes, most lop-sided smile, most teeth, least teeth, goofiest face, etc. - tried to figure out special categories so each kid would "win a prize" (a ribbon).

We like to never got the kids to leave that night - some of the parents had to drag them out to the cars. They had so darned much fun they wanted to do it again the next meeting.

You might also look at the Den Activity portions of the Tiger rank achievements and the Tiger electives.

For games, we just did the one where everyone (remember to include adult partners!) ties a balloon to their ankle and then tries to stomp and break everyone else's balloon while keeping his own ok. They all had a blast! Relay type games go over well also.

We do pumpkin decorating but we paint or pin to them as the CM says cubs aren't allowed to use knives. We have this contest every year and have awards.

A good tiger activity my boys liked was Leaf rubbing turkeys for Thanksgiving. It fufilled the leaf rubbing requirement and was tied into a holiday. We rubbed leaves for the turkey tails.

Another good one was paper rockets. We used film canisters and alkaseltzer/water to shoot them into the air. Some went pretty high.

So many crafts, so little time.

Cajun

Since Tigers need their adult partner, I would suggest having the boys 'design' their pumpkin and have their partner do the carving. This gives the boys a chance to see how its done and to see their ideas come to 'life'.

My understanding is that 'cubs' can use knives after they earn the Whittling Chip. (Bears)