Hello,

As a Webelos Den Leader for 1 year we are coming up on our June graduation ceremony. The boys will be moving on to Webelos II at this ceremony. At our graduation we always give the boys moving up their new scarves, tie slides and book as a gift. What can we give our Webelos I moving to Webelos II? The uniform will not change, but we would like to give these boys a gift too for all their hard work.

Thanks for any ideas!

Although Webelos don't actually graduate from Webelos 1 to Webelos 2 (Webelos is an 18-month to 2-year program) it would seem appropriate if you are recognizing all the other Cubs to find a way to include them as well. How about presenting them with a Boy Scout Handbook? It will help them prepare for their Boy SCouting experience and get help keep them interested during the last portion of their Webelos experience.

BW

Our pack had an ornate walking stick that was passed down from W2 to W1 as W2 crossed over and W1s became the "senior" den. The stick became more ornate as each W2 den added something special to it for the Pack to remember them by.

We gave the crossing over Scouts a BSA handbook during the ceremony, and the gaining Troop gave them their neckerchief and slides.

Soooo, start a tradition in your Pack.

'73 - I love your idea. I'll share that with our pack. Traditions like that are wonderful.

We don't do a crossover for our Webelos I guys. Everyone else gets to cross over the bridge. We don't let them. We tell them that their journey is not done. We challenge them to press forward to the goal. We also honor them as being the new "leaders of the pack". With the Webelos II crossing to Boy Scouts, they are now top dog. Passing a token of some sort, like eagle1973 suggested would be a great addition to the ceremony.

We give our "graduating" Webelos I's a BSA name plate like the Boy Scouts wear. We only have their name and a flur-de-lis on the the tag so they can still use it after they cross over, regardless of the troop they move to. The boys think they are really hot stuff since only the WII's and adults have name plates. Plus, they're less expensive than the neckerchiefs we give all the other Scouts.