My Troop Leader has announce me for being a Patrol Leader for our next School Year.. My problem now is.. should I expect? or I mean should I prepared for my incoming year? Search more about games? info about my patrol? should I ? anyone can give me advice? Plz?

"has announce me" for Patrol Leader

I'll interpret the above as you were chosen by an election of your peers in your patrol. If so, congratulations. If not, inform your "troop leader" (SPL or SM?) that Patrol Leaders should be elected by the boys.

Get a copy of the Patrol Leaders handbook and read it. You should prepare for the coming year (does Be Prepared ring a bell?). Keep the traditions, games, etc. that you and your patrol like. As for help when you need it. Make sure you fully understand the responsibilities of the position, none more and none less. Enjoy!

Man oh Man, no matter how you have managed to land this job, you deserve a giant pat on the back.

Do take a minute to congratulate yourself.

Both the postings, above this one are 100% right and you would do well to follow their wise words.

The best advise that I got from Skip, my old Scoutmaster was to remember the word STAR:

STOP,THINK,ACT,REFLECT.

All the tools you need to be a good Patrol Leader are in the Scout Oath and Law, when the going gets a little sticky, stop and think have I led my patrol by my example?

There are tons of things that you can do with your patrol, the internet is a great place to find new ideas. The English Scout Scoutnet is very good.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Congratulations on your PL appointment.

Work hard. Be yourself. Ask questions. But most important have fun! I'm sure you'll make a great Patol Leader.

For my fellow BSA counterparts: Our PL who is asking for advice is from the Philippines. It just might be that the Filipino Scouts do not elect Patrol Leaders.