Can Scout work on different rank requirements at same time ?

Yes.

And: Merit Badge requirements can be counted toward "Brownsea" advancement. "Brownsea" requirements can be counted toward Merit Badge requirements. Requirements counted towards one Merit Badge may not be counted for another Merit Badge.

That's why I have new Scouts get First Aid Merit Badge first.

JAY - You said "Requirements counted towards one Merit Badge may not be counted for another Merit Badge."

Why? Is there somewhere it says that? I'd be okay if there is an official source. I'm just curious.

I ask because we've had times where scouts work on multiple merit badges that have overlapping requirements, often first aid requirements. Summer camp often has any scout doing an aquadics badge show up at the same time to complete those basic requirements. Not once per badge they are taking.

Plus how would two different merit badge counselors avoid being gamed by smart scouts or accidentally missing something from an honest / innocent scout.

Just wondering if it's a BSA official rule or a troop / counselor rule.

Fred,

Can't get the exact citations, but several MBs have as requirements to discuss first aid related to the MB topic. Hence some MBCs will accept the FA MB as completion of that requirement. If memory serves, I am no longer eligible to teach Swimming, Lifesaving,Rowing, and Canoeing, but those have first aid elements to the requirements.

Me personally, especially since First Aid techniques essentially changes every 5 years, I want t see them do the skill, or if the do an old skill correcly as they were taught, teach them the new skill.