How To Be An Eagle Scout For DUMMIES

Sentiel.....Beavah's is hysterical.....well no it is sad......

Most of what he has in his post are what has been posted here over the years....

I am always cynical of a new poster, with questions about rank requirements....

I forgot the kid that got the merit badges at the merit badge college and didn't actually attend the session....

thanks beavah for a stroll down memory lane.....

The kids who won't learn to swim.....and then claim fear of the water.... Makes me shake my head.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about:

"Lunch Means Lunch - the Menu Isn't Important"

Subtitle: "It's an Application, Not a 50-page Proposal"

"It's the Scouts Project - Not Yours"

Subtitle: "If you want a Bench and it's not in the Project Plan, YOU Build the Bench"

"Six Months - What Does That Mean?"

"There Is No Minimum Project Hours Required"

"So You Think You Know More Than A Merit Badge Counselor?"

"Eagle Scout is the Highest Rank, it's not an Award for Being the Best"

"The Requirements are the Minimum AND the Maximum Requirements"

"Why the Requirements Favor the Scouts and not your Ego"

Subtitle: "Scouts Advance for Their Own Reasons, Not for Your Reasons"

You're a Mentor, Not a Taskmaster"

"Lock Masters Welcome, Gate Keepers Stay Home"

"On His Honor He Will Do HIS Best, NOT Your Best"

"If It's not in the Requirements, Don't Require It"

"Reading and Comprehending English Made Easy"

Subtitle" "How to Read the Requirements"

"How to Serve on a Board of Review"

Subtitle: "Do You See the Word TEST in Board of Review?"

You were talking about a book for the Leasders who screw up more Eagle Scout projects and processes than Scouts do, right?

I suspect Mom and Dad may be the real target demographic for the book.

I suspect Hawkins may be right. So how about DVD video game insert for the boys which will cover the key points? You earn points by bagging requirements. Through the game there are various thing you can pick up which help you along the way -- a napping merit badge counselor, a whip-shapped pencil, merit badge worksheets and the real jewel, the advancement chairman's ScoutNet password. The various game levels include First Class/First Level, Summer Camp merit badge classes, Merit Badge University and for the really skilled a secret portal to the Eagle Mill.

"Lunch Means Lunch - the Menu Isn't Important"

Subtitle: "It's an Application, Not a 50-page Proposal"

"It's the Scouts Project - Not Yours"

Subtitle: "If you want a Bench and it's not in the Project Plan, YOU Build the Bench"

Yah, I've had a few of those too, CalicoPenn! Yeh should start another thread.

B

Hello Baden P,

>

I think this is a real and serious issue. If we turn out too much counterfeit coin, people are going to notice.

I think we are turning out too much counterfeit coin, and the sad part is that BSA has procedures in place to be sure that no one looks very hard at the coin before it's sent out to the public.

BD -- when the NESA directory before the most recent one cam out, I went through and looked up as many Eagles as I could think of -- guys from my old troop, fellows in the troop I now serve, scouters I know to be Eagle.... I think I looked up about 40 Eagles and found maybe 12.

No, not being in the directory doesn't mean much.

I think the proposed chapters are pretty well covered, save one, and SSScout already addressed the catering part:

"Your Coronation Ceremony is All About You, New Eagle!"

With helpful hints on how pick the most ponderous script, complete with solemn made-up Eagle oath; how to adequately recognize mom and dad for their selfless sacrifice in beating down anyone who stood in the way of Johnny earning the Eagle award that mom and dad, uh, I mean Johnny, so richly deserves; expensive buffets to astound, commemorate, as well as increase family debt; and a handy list of 476,398 politicians, actors, athletes, artists, business people, military leaders, and others, who are more than willing to have a college intern crank out a computer generated yet personalized and completely sincere phony baloney congratulations letter, signed with auto pen, especially made just for YOU, Mr. Eagle Scout!