How many hours is a typical Eagle Project????

Lisabob wrote: ... "Dad was also surprised to learn that Eagles have their own COH now, he figured it would be part of the regular troop COH because that's how he remembers it being in his day - not some big hoopla almost like a graduation party.

I know it's the scout's choice, but ... I recently attended a troop COH that finished with recognizing the new eagle scout. His mom and dad got their pins. His mentor got theirs. He took a special pledge. IMHO, it made the normal troop COH a very special event. I wish more more Eagle scouts choose to be recognized during a normal troop COH.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64.3 hrs.

As for Eagle Courts of Honor, when I was the Scoutmaster I told the parents of Eagle Scouts that I would assist them via ceremony, etc. in any fashion they wished and the troop would provide at no cost to them the Eagle neckerchief, medal and parent and mentor pins. Some parents desired and bore the expense for lavish recognitions and others for simple affairs and some no ceremony at all.

Yah, acco40, that's exactly what I don't like, eh? I'm a believer in da Uniform Method. It doesn't just apply to clothing. It applies to recognitions as well, eh? The recognition for ranks including Eagle Scout should be uniform within a troop. Like the clothing uniform, it should be the same regardless of class or finances. A symbol of da brotherhood of Scoutin' rather than of the involvement or wealth of parents.

B

One of my scouts had a project repairing some trails in a national park. It took over 700 hours. I believe that's the record in my council.

That's the exception though. My son's was ~120 (and he probably missed accounting for another 25-50).

I usually see ~100 hours.