Is there any place where you can find how many of a certain MB has been awarded in a year for a District, for example?

I've tossed around the idea of becoming and MB counselor (or whatever the term is) for the Sports MB, but given the requirements of a full season of participation in two different sports, I can't imagine a lot of Scouts giving up that many camping trips to get it.

You District/Council Advancement chair shares those stats with us (Unit Commissioners) every year... I believe those stats are something you could ask for. by district easily enough.

I think the Sports MB is oft earned by Scouts heavily involved in scholastic sports or summer leagues (baseball, soccer, etc...).

Mostly because they ALREADY are giving up some Camping Outings.

I don't think it's a high demand MB. If you would have pitched it to my oldest, he might have taken you up on it. He lettered in four sports in HS. But then again, he was also trying for a 5th letter in Girlfriend, so I'm not so sure how dedicated he would be to the MB! My youngest is in soccer year-round.

Your council office might be able to give you overall stats. Your SM might be able to give you the name of the Sports MBCs in your district, and you can give them a call to find out how each operates and how many boys have called. I think the latter approach would give you a better feel for what you might expect.

Interesting how times have changed

"given the requirements of a full season of participation in two different sports, I can't imagine a lot of Scouts giving up that many camping trips to get it."

When I was a kid this was an easy mb to get and didn't involve much conflict if any. I played CYO basketball and Little League baseball and I don't remember there being any conflict between either of them and scouting or either of them and each other. But today all three of them overlap and can run into schedule conflicts.