Knot tying technical question

Well, I'd guess that I confused it.

So, as I said, they boys know how to tie it. It's just that some requirements are specific in detail, so I wanted to make sure that this wasn't the case with right or left when tying.

Boomer brought up a great point about right handed versus left handed people.

What I want to do is show them how to tie a bowline knot single handed ...afer I learn to do it myself! :)

So I had to get a piece of rope out and try it to see if it makes a difference. I tie square knots Right Under Over then Right Over Under. If I tie them Right Over Under then Right Under Over I get the same not. If I tie it Right Over Under then Left Over Under I get the same know. Of course if I tie it Left Under Over then Left Over Under, or Left Over Under then Left Under Over, or Left Over Under and Right Over Under I get - a square knot. I see no difference in the knot after tying it be these different methods, but if someone does, then just turn the knot upside down and make them happy.

The requirements say tie a square knot - I don't believe it says anything about using a preferred method.

Square Knot Instructions (without "Right" or "Left"):

Short instructions for the quick:

Single turn two working ends twice so as to create two bights, each with its ends passing through the other.

Long instructions to further confuse the slow:

Grasp two working ends and single turn each round the other. Continue immediately into another iteration of single turning the working ends round each other such that the working end that passes under from your perspective on the first single turn also passes under on the second single turn - and vice versa. This will give you two bights, each with the ends of it passing through the other. Tighten and call it a square knot, or call it a reef knot.