Randomly Vanishing Threads ...

Beavah

You would make a good reporter. Only use the part of the quotes that fits what you want. If you would have use the rest of that quote it would not have been as good would it have?

You would make a good reporter. Only use the part of the quotes that fits what you want. If you would have use the rest of that quote it would not have been as good would it have?

??? Yeh know, I think we could use a confused-looking smilley face! ???

Not sure what quote you're talkin' about dan. Eamonn? Or one of da scout handbook quotes?

All three of 'em go on for quite a bit, eh? :) The Scout Handbook quotes go on for a couple paragraphs each. Eamonn, well, he just goes on ;). I picked what was short and seemed relevant. Yah, sure, relevant to the point I was tryin' to make. I figure most folks feel I go on too much as it is, without quotin' whole pages of text, eh? :p

Beavah

I can't speak for the other moderators.

Which as it been pointed out " Eamonn, well, he just goes on"

Might be a good thing.

I don't have a problem telling the person who has crossed the line that they have crossed the line.

I do think however that this is something best managed by a private message.

If they want to reply?

I'm happy to receive any reply or feedback they want to send back.

Secret prisons?

That in the light of where I work made me smile!

But bad as secret prisons are public floggings are worse.

No one is questioning the bravery of a Scout, my hope is that we can be kind and in Eamonn's little world Reverent goes hand in hand with respect.

A lot of the time I don't agree with the views that someone is posting. When that happens I look at my options.

1/ I can choose to ignore it and move to another thread or just ignore it and watch re-runs of Law and Order.

2/ I can post why I disagree with what they are posting.

3/ I can attack the person who posted something that I disagreed with, calling them names and just not being a very nice person.

Sadly there have been times when I have allowed myself to take option 3!

When this happens and I see that I have acted like a real twit, I get upset with myself.

At times like that maybe there is a need for a little heavy handed moderation?

Eamonn.