Webelos at pack meetings

I need suggestions for Webelos involvement at pack meetings. They're the "big guys" of the pack now - what should they be doing at pack meetings? They're suffering from the "been there, done that" syndrome! I hate to see there interest flag before entering Boy Scouts.

Remember, the Webelos are the "big guys." As the big guys they are expexted to set the example. You should make sure they're in proper uniform and behaving. At the same time haveing fun doing so. Its your job to make sure there having fun. Make uniforming fun.

As a new Webelos scout leader I've found it eaiser to plan skits and songs for pack meetings. Also make sure you cub master makes each meeting funfilled, and remember that parents are a must at packmeetings.

What ever you do remember not to become to overzelus. KISMF. Keep It Simple Make it Fun!!!!

A suggestion from our Cubmaster for our Webelos was to give them Den Chief duties at the pack meetings--assign a Webelo scout to each of the younger dens to keep the other boys in check. BUT, this was just a suggestion and as of yet we have not implemented it. It does help them to develop leadership and by extension, keeps the Webelos in check as well. I agree with the skit ideas--we just completed Showman by building a puppet stage from a refrigerator box, making the puppets, writing the script and then performing at the pack meeting. They got the activity badge all in one fell swoop and they were very excited to be performing. The feedback afterwards was great for them as well.