Pleasant Experience with National

I called National yesterday to obtain a large print Boy Scout handbook for one of my new Scouts who is legally blind but can see with very thick glasses. The Disabilities Awareness MB book lists National as a source for this book. After informing the receptionist of what I was looking for she transferred me to Janice Overton who took my request and said the book would be in the mail the next day. Today I received an email stating the book was in the mail! I know one Scout who will be very happy. Thanks National for supporting us!

This was the first time I had to call National. I was very surprised that I got to talk to a real person who actually helped me. Unfortunately I have not had the same experience with our council where you call and leave a message and maybe someone gets back to you a few weeks later.

To drive home the message of Nationals role, and that of the various pieces of support infrastructure, national recently turned the support structure chart upright. Someone finally looked at the chart and realized it has been upside down all these years! All new BSA organizational charts have the scout at the top, with each level of program and support, holding up, supporting, that scout. Im glad to see all the paper was not wasted. Janice Overton, is obviously the perfect choice to act as a key support in the structure of the BSA program. Kudos to Janice!

Your scout got what he needed, and thats what counts. I see the proof of a devoted leader, and determined young man here was well.

See ya on the trail

Fellow Scouters,

Greetings!

I wonder how many phone calls Ms Janice is going to get tomorrow... She'll have to get call waiting, auto forwarding, a message secretary and etc. lol

Way to go Janice!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21_Adv