Should Scouts serve on Boards of Review?

Eagle92,

Sorry, but I will still have an active registered Eagle Scout sit an an EBOR if he is available and in the "dead zone" range of 18-21. The way I have been doing it is having 3 committee members plus the young adult Eagle, thus creating a full board plus 1. This is why I do not agree with national that young adults can only be registered as ASMs.

'819

Clarification, I have no problem with an 18-20yo ASM sitting on any BOR, UNLESS it is a BOR for his own unit. direct contact leaders, i.e. SMs and ASMs should not be on BORs in their own units.

BUT if they are an 18-20yo from ANOTHER unit, I have no problem with it. I've actually sat on one unit's BOR with a 18-20yo from another unit. One of the cool things about being in the OA is knowing folks through out the entire district.

EDITED: Forgot to add, I also was not registered with the unit. Only 1 person from the unit sat on the BOR,a MC. Both myself and the 18-20yo were on the distict committee, but he was also registered as an ASM with a different troop.(This message has been edited by Eagle92)