Historic MB Availability

Anybody else had this problem? A group of our scouts just completed the Carpentry MB. Our advancement chair was told at our Scout Service Center that the MBs were sold out and could not be reordered as they were no longer making them. So are the historic MBs really "while supplies last" or can they really be earned through the end of 2010? Will all scouts completing the MBs in 2010 be able to actually get the MB?

I personally think there will be a final end of the year (or end of era) push on these badges by the boys themselves and by some adults for the boys. I know our council is sponsoring a winter heritage camp from December 26 - 30 to provide the Scouts one last chance to earn them. Then national will see the total numbers required and produce the required badges to fill the back order.

I'm on the phone with my BSA National Supply Corporation Scout Shop manager.

Council operated Scout shops are experiencing shortages. They didn't order enough, they didn't want excess unreturnable inventory. Council operated shops should contact their Supply Corporation professionals.

Supply Corporation shops are in OK shape right now, but they will be cross-levelling to keep themselves and Council shops supplied as advancement reports roll in.