New one on me - Eagle Scout project destroyed

No question he completed his project but how disappointing it must be to have done all that work and now it's gone. He'll never get the chance to visit that park years later and see others enjoying his work it and maybe feel just a little proud of what he accomplished.

A good friend of mine growing up did his Eagle Project at a local school. Built a bunch of picnic tables, planted some trees, put up some barbecue grills, a whole bunch of pretty awesome stuff. It was beautiful.

The next year the school district bulldozed all of it to put an addition on the school.

You're telling me they didn't know when the kid was doing the project that's where the addition was going to go? lol It was pretty amazing. I hope this kid doesn't have any trouble with his paperwork, this is just about the most bizarre thing I've ever heard.

Bando,

In your friends case that seems to be incompetence on the part of the school board and maybe that they don't see the value of Eagle projects. If that school was in my area I would expect an apology and a commitment by the school to relocate and restore the project. If they didn't I would discourage any future projects be done there. There are lots of organizations that really appreciate an Eagle project but maybe some don't.

• 2 weeks later...