Need Help Finding a Booklet

Schroeder, I'm sorry can you tell me where in the Webelos book it says they have to read this booklet. I have been out of the Webelos program for just a few months but I don't recall them having to do that. Enlighten me and I will try to help you.

Thanks, Scouts4me, for responding and trying to help. The booklet I'm referring to is in the Fitness section and is part of earning that activity badge, which is required to get the Webelos badge. After posting my request, I found a Scout site that said that this booklet is available out of Dallas for $20 per 100. Needless to say, I don't need 100 of them for my five boy den. Also, apparently, this latest booklet is a new release replacing another one that was used to satisfy this requirement. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Schroeder, I don't have a copy of the current Webelos book with me. My son was in the "transition year" for the new book. I checked with the Webelos leader in my pack and another Webeblos leader to double check, particularly since I am the cub trainer for my district. (After my training session this Saturday, I am purchasing the new Webelos book, compliments of the training session!) They mentioned that there are seven listed requirements, and that the boys need only do six. I suggest you do the other six and not do this one. If you choose to do this one, your council service center should be able to get any scouting literature you need. They are there as a resource to you (and they won't make you buy 100). Give them a call. Many times, particularly in the Webelos program, the requirements are difficult to understand. I have to applaud you for spelling "Webelos" correctly. Many folks do not. I once heard someone comment that a boy receives his Arrow of Light after he earns the 20th activity pin. Obviously this person was sleeping through training. (-: Please let me know if this helped you in some way and if I can help further.

Scouts4me, thank you very much for your assistance in this. Fortunately, our council headquarters are not far from where I work so I will head over there today and see if they have the booklet. I appreciate you taking the time to contact your Webelos leaders on this, as well. And, you're right, it does take some time to grasp the Webelos requirements. We'll keep plugging away until we get it right...

I had the exact problem. I searched all summer for the that booklet. In the new Scouter magazine there is a small article about the replacement book. My local Scout store does not carry it and they did not offer to order it. I went to the Scouter catalog and searched and searched. Finally I found an 800 number that told me the same thing you did that I had to order 100. I asked them for another number in Texas, and the lady there after determining I really was not going to purchase 100 said she would send me one for free!!! Who'd have guessed. She said since it was so very new, it was not in the pipline yet. Sorry but I already tossed the number.