Eagle Project submission

That depends on what happens when a Scout follows the instructions in the packet, completes the workbook by hand and explains that the only computer he can use is at school and he's not allowed to use it for non-school work (or something similar).

If the person accepting the proposals says, "don't worry son, I'll take care of if for you," it's not a requirement. If the person says, "I'm sorry, I can't accept your proposal unless you have an electronic copy with it," then it's a requirement.

The possible reasoning of "we lose the hard vopies" a little funny.

The situation. A dutiful eagle candidate walks into the council office with his workbook in a brown envelop in one hand and a flash drive in the other.

S - "What do you want me to do with the flash drive?"

C - "just put it in the enevelop."

Has anyone noticed that it is not possible to add scanned graphics to the current "fillable PDF" ESLSP booklet using the free Adobe Reader?

Even if a scout fills out all of the workbook online, he can't replace insert scanned pages (with signatures) or add graphics (before and after pictures) without using full Adobe Acrobat (not an inexpensive program).

How do your scouts work around these limitations?

Asking for a CD/DVD or USB drive submission is sooooo 5 years ago!

;)

IMHO the Council should own one high quality sheet fed scanner that sits in the front. A Scout brings his completed application, and makes a digital copy at the Council office and it is put into an electronic file. This copy would then have all signatures, scans of the photos, etc. The Scout can have an electronic copy if he brings a USB with him, and the Council gets the original "wet" signatures plus the electronic copy.

• 2 months later...

I was visiting my wife's office when a collegue came in laughing ,with a box in her hand. Seems she was cleaning out a storage cabinet that had not been used in some time and wanted to know if she should keep this new, unopened box of... carbon paper.

ref OLDSM comment. I've been working on a Word 2007 workbook, just the pages that need to be filled in. Pictures and diagrams are easily inserted. It's not quite yet "Scout proof".

How do I upload a file? Or someone PM me and I'll send what I've come up with so far, and maybe one of y'all can make it better.