Just became a "Scouter"

Hello guy's some of you may have remembered me from about a year ago asking for clarification on eagle stuff when I was going through with my project. You even may have recalled a year before that asking for help on leading my troop in marching=P. Well in 2 weeks and 3 days i will be 18 and naturally im interested in staying active as a young adult. I come here now asking for someone to post a link to a site that list all the adult square knots and possibly even tells the requirements for those knots.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer. Have a good day

--Nick

Nick,

Glad you've decided to stay on! Things are a bit different on the adult side, though. Not better, not worse, just different. It may take some getting used to.

As far as knots:

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/square-knots.asp

Keep in mind that you can wear the knot you receive with your Eagle (or should receive... there is a knot for adults to wear to represent their Eagle), a knot if you earned the Arrow of Light, and the knot for the religious award if you earned one as a youth.

Nick,

If you are and Eagle or will be getting it soon, CONGRATULATIONS.

As for sticking with Scouting, GOOD FOR YOU! I just hope that you don't make the same mistake I and other young adults make, and that is still act like we are SPLs and run things. You must remember that the role of an adult is to advise and mentor, and beleive it or not some of the youth will listen to you and take your counsel and advice over another adult's, even if it's the same exact advice.

Now in reference to knots. I do hope that you are not trying to earn them for the bling, nor to try and show other adults that, yes you do know what you are talking about despite the age (this was my reason for going after a few knots to try and get some respect from fellow adults who don't take "youngsters" seriously. IT WON'T MATTER TO THEM WHAT YOU WEAR OR HAVE DONE YOU AS YOU ARE "TOO YOUNG TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING" [caps for emphasis. Actually that was screamed at me by another adult one time when I was 21]

Anyway, most knots are either recognitions for going above and beyond in training, or recognition for outstanding service to youth. The easiest adult knot at this stage would probably teh Scouter's Training Award and it takes approx. 2 years to get.

Thanks for those links guy's. Looks like it will be several years before I begin to earn knots due to the fact that most require a tenure of sorts. I put together my uniform for staff this summer, im so excited its my first year on camp staff, ive got the eagle knot and arrow of light knot.

Eagle92 thank you, i eagled in October. I think ill do an okay job not acting as SPL (knock on wood) because for the past 2 years ive functioned as my troops Jr. Assistant Scoutmaster. So ive been quasi-adult-leaderish in a sense and have been eating with them all this time so transition may not be to hard. The only thing that may be odd to me is sleeping in adult tents/cabins because even though im an "adult" im still a young person and there like all my dads age so I think that may be awkward but ill manage lol.

thanks again for help.