Has anyone seen or do you have a copy of Norman Turrill's software comparison. It is referenced in the WinScout software features but I can't pull it up. Some problem with finding USScouter I think. Anyone??

Do you use RecordKeeper, or TroopMaster or WinScout??

• 2 weeks later...

I plunked down the $70 for Record keeper this year, and to be honest I still find myself going back to my Excel sheets. The program is good, but cumbersome. In a perfect world where all leaders turn in advancement forms and you can gather all past records to load into the program it would be a fantastic tool. I realize that I'm not exactly answering your question, it just seems like these programs require a lot of maintenance, which takes time away from what we are really here for. The boys.

My Troop uses Troopmaster 2000. We have found it quite useful and mostly all encompassing for our general record needs. We have it on four Scouter personal PCs with one being the advancement chairman. Only his can be accessed and the others are only updateable with new loadable updated copies. It seems worth the money. We just finished re-chartering and it was very helpful.

Our troop has been using the Troopmaster software ever since the DOS version. And have upgraded many times since. I cant speak for the other programs out there, but Troopmaster is approved by national. Upgrades are easy to come by, as the patches are on their website.It also works with ScoutNet. Most of all they have great phone support. I know it has helped me alot in the past and well worth the money.

And no I dont work for them :)