new Rank Badges for 2010

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did no one else notice that the scout rank was not included? I don't like the new ranks and think if they wanted to do something special they should have added the something like the100 year ring that you can put around the World Crest instead of the wording. My Troop is new and does not have any extra rank so if the boys don't like the new rank they will have to earn a rank as soon as it turns 2011. :)

Eagle 92 as Eagle 90 stated above me they are in the stores now. Mine haven't arrived yet, but are on the way. I reccommend that you get to your nearest Scout shop ASAP to avoid the "gems". It won't be long before they take over the country. Initial orders were limited but large reorders were made immediately once the news came down from upon high about shelving the regular ones.

My pack committee said yuck to the idea too. I'm still reserving judgement on the AoL badge. Seeing will be believing.

Well I talked to the pack folks last not and they think the patches are UGLY, stressing the UGLY. Also some folks are a little peeved that teh Webelos who crossed over in Nov. missed out while their buddies still in the pack will get the annivserary AOLs (yep they think it's ugly but folks willg et them b/c they will be collector's items.)

E92

The Eagle Rank patch looks good, since the regular one already has wording around it.

I think you'll see more and more of this for 2010. It was announced by Tico Perez in the Fall/Winter "Commissioner" that he recieved permission to have special "2010" commissioner office patches for all commissioner posistions.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/522-975_FallWinter09_web.pdf

As a commissioner, I think it's kind of cool, they have used the older FC badge and wreath for the center.

I'm kind of in a "take it or leave it" kind of opinion about them. But really, the only ones that make a lot of sense are the AOL and Eagle. I mean, other than those it's taken off for the next one.

But since my son is crossing over and earning AOL this year, it is kind of cool. Let's just not try to add it to the leader knots when they get older. (Wait, did I say that out loud? Uh-oh). :(