Board of Review Makeup

I have read some online info concerning the makeup of the Board of Review. It said that 3-6 Commettee Members compose the Board. I thought that I once heard that scouts, who are at least 2 ranks above the rank being reviewed, cn be on the board. (A First Class scout could be on the Board of Review for Tenderfoot) Is this true?

In all the information I have read on conducting Board of Reveiws, I have never seen in writing that scouts can sit on Boards. I believe older scouts can work with and sign off on advancement requirements of younger scouts, but I've never heard of them sitting on boards, so I don't think this is true.

We have some situations somewhat like what you are looking for.

For advancement up to and including 1st Class, we sometimes have a senior Scout, say Star or Life, on the B.O.R. along with three Scouters. They can sometimes ask very interesting questions, and some like to ask questions they themselves were asked long ago.

For older, higher rank Scouts, Star or Life B.O.R., we might have a Troop Guide (who has finished his time as SPL) or an Eagle Scout who is now acting in the Position of Junior Asst. Scoutmaster. In this last example, he is treated as an adult in the Troop and is not required to raise money with the rest of the Scouts.